Take your Cookie Making Skills to a New Level
Springerle Joy Alumnae Class of August 16, 2014
We're pleased to announce 11 hands-on springerle cookie-making classes for this spring and summer:
April 29, 2017
May 6, 2017
May 13, 2017
May 20, 2017
June 3, 2017
June 10, 2017
July 15, 2017
July 22, 2017
July 29, 2017
August 5, 2017
August 12, 2017
Classes also by appointment. Call (412) 977-5378.
Here's a description of our Pittsburgh PA classes:
Instructor: Patrice Romzick, owner of Springerle Joy
- Saturdays, 8:30 a.m - 2:30 p.m.
- Maximum: 4 students.
- Hands-on. Every person will do every activity.
- By the end of this class you will have:
- Made traditional springerle dough
- Molded cookies of varying sizes, shapes and thicknesses
- Baked off springerle cookies, adjusting time and temperature for different size cookies
- Painted springerle cookies
- Spread chocolate on bottoms of cookies
- Solved common dough moisture and baking issues
- Received answers to all your springerle questions
- We provide:
- All tools and materials
- Access to hundreds of molds
- Unlimited dough
- A light lunch, beverages and unlimited cookies
- You will take home molds, tools and cookies worth over $100:
- Springerle Joy embroidered apron (men's and women's versions available)
- Springerle Essential Kit
- Dough Thickness Guides
- Bench Scraper
- Bowl Scraper
- Pastry Brush
- Ravioli Cutter
- Simple Round Cookie Cutter
- ONE of the following molds (your choice) with matching cutter:
- Patrice's 14-page booklet Recipes and Crafts with Springerle Molds
- Collector's Guide to Anis-Paradies Molds, 30th Anniversary Edition
- Cookies to take home, plus cookies to bake off at home*
- Shop 'til you drop in our inventory room. All those molds, so little time...
- Price: $225.00 per person. Each class has the same content.
- Cancellations/Refunds for Pittsburgh-based classes: A full refund will be given if cancellation is received in writing earlier than two weeks before the class. If you cancel 7-14 days before the class, a store credit will be issued. If you cancel 0-6 days before the class, there will be no refund, but we will be happy to ship the merchandise included with your class less cookies for an additonal fee of: $0 for destinations in the US, $19.95 for Canadian destinations, and $54.95 for most other countries in the world.
- Accommodations Near Us:
- Call Springerle Joy with any questions: 412-977-5378.
- *If you travel from a long distance you are invited to bake off your springerle cookies from 9-11 AM Sunday.
What people are saying about the class:
"I was in the first class. Anyone who has any interest in Springerles should take the class! Patrice knows so much, and she is so warm and giving. I've been making Springerles for years, and I learned a lot. A lot. And I loved working with as many molds as I wanted. And the members of the class were fun and nice too. And we shared our molds and our triumphs (and a few problems, too).
Take the class! we all came from hundreds of miles away and we all thought it was more than worth it! And you'll make new friends too."
"As one of the August 16th class members I can highly recommend this experience. So much fun meeting other springerle enthusiasts and learned more than I had hoped for."
"If you can make it to the October 11 class (last I heard there were still a few spots), YOU DEFINITELY should!! It is a WONDERFUL opportunity to meet new people, "play" with all the molds you could dream of and learn all kinds of GREAT techniques from the B*E*S*T, Patrice! I already want to go back for a reunion class!! I now have the information and tools to make beautiful Springerle cookies forever!"
"I wanted to let you and your helper Charla know what a
fabulous job you both did in the pre-CookieCon class I took. I went back to my
neighborhood and spread the word on your cookies.
-CW, Bountiful, UT (CookieCon'15)
"THANK YOU ...for such an awesome welcome into the world of Springerle Cookies …. for sharing your passion and enthusiasm for this art form… I can't wait to get started!"
-BW, Pre-CookieCon'15 Springerle Class Participant