8 Pictures springerle mold:
- Heart with small heart at base and two flowers growing from it
- Heart with dove spreading its wings in center (sold separately as 5830 or as part of 8827)
- Heart with cupid angel in center (sold separately as 5828 or as part of 8827)
- Heart with baby children as flowers in interior (sold separately as 5829 or as part of 8827)
- Heart with urn of flowers in center
- Heart with two flowers intertwined
- Heart with two cornucopias
- Heart with two rose hips
These would make cute cookies or darling cupcake toppers using fondant.
We put on our creative hats, grabbed some Delight™ (15003) and acrylic paint and made refrigerator magnets. Pretty awesome if we do say so ourselves! See the alternate photos.
Recommended dough thickness: 8 mm if you cut out the whole mold as one cookie, 5 mm if you cut out the individual hearts. Use our Dough Thickness Guides.
Springerle Cookie Cutter Tips: If you want to form eight tiny cookies, we recommend that you cut these out with cutter 17264
If you want to cut out the entire mold as one cookie, we recommend you use the straight edge of our bench scraper (10000) or small zig-zag cutter (10003).
Baking Time: If you cut these hearts out individually, put them on a small cookie sheet with parchment that has been dusted with flour. Do not place larger cookies on the sheet with them. Bake them at 275°F on the middle rack and check them starting at 2 minutes and every minute thereafter. Remove when they are just firmed up. You are not aiming to develop a rise in this tiny cookie. (Do not over-bake or they will turn into sweet crackers or flip on their sides.)
We suggest that you test bake a group of 12-16 of the tiny hearts on a baking sheet and adjust your baking time based on your experience. Every oven is different. Continue to bake your little hearts in small batches. Do not put all your hearts in one basket, so to speak.
If you cut out the eight hearts as a single cookie, bake at 300-325°F 8-12 minutes depending on your oven. Check the bottom of the cookie at 8 minutes to see if they begin to turn a golden color.