Lemon & Rosemary Cheese Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1-2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Mix flour, cheeses, sugar, rosemary, salt and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Mix in the egg yolk and cream. Add the flour mixture until completely combined.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to a uniform thickness of approximately 3/8 inch.
- Dust the surface of your dough with flour. (There is no need to dust the mold). Press the mold into the dough just far enough to fill the mold cavity. Remove your mold and cut out the impression.
- Place your molded cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in refrigerator and chill for at least 1/2 hour.
- Bake your cookies out of the refrigerator and immediately place them in your preheated 325 degree F oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes. The edges should be a light golden brown. Cool and serve.