Chocolate Orange Quick
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) honey + 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract + 1 teaspoon orange oil
- 1/2 cup (100 gm) sugar + 1/4 teaspoon salt + 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Approx. 4 1/4 cup (630 gm) all-purpose flour
- Melt butter & set aside. Whisk egg in large bowl. Mix honey, milk, vanilla extract & orange oil. Add to egg & beat until well mixed. Mix sugar & salt. Add to egg mixture & beat until well mixed. Add melted butter slowly & beat until well mixed. Add cocoa powder. Add flour slowly until mixture is solid enough to knead. Transfer to work surface & knead in more flour if required to make a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Press into a flat disk, place in zip bag. Refrigerate up to ½ hr. until firm but still flexible. Roll to approx. 3/8 inch (5 mm), thicker for a very deep mold. Press mold firmly into dough to fill cavity. Remove mold. Cut out cookie. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat. Refrigerate the molded cookies for 30 minutes while preheating oven to 350°. Bake for 10-15 min. or until the edges have slightly browned & tops have begun to firm up.
- Optional: When cool, spread melted milk chocolate on bottoms of cookies.
- Due to the high butter content, the molds typically do not need to be dusted with flour for a good release.
Adapted recipe from the book
Baking with Cookie Molds
. Text ©by Anne L. Watson. Reproduced with permission.