- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of molasses
- 5 1/2 or 6 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- 1 ½ tsp. cloves
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg and set aside.
- With a KitchenAid or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light in color and creamy. Add eggs on at a time beating well between each one.
- Add the molasses and the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients one cup at a time until all is combined and mixed well.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Roll the dough out to 3/8 inch thick.
- Dust the surface of your dough with flour. (There is no need to dust the mold).
- Press the mold into the dough just far enough to fill the mold cavity. Remove your mold and cut out the impression.
- Place your cookie on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place sheet of molded cookies in refrigerator. Chill for at least ½ hour.
- Take your cookies out of the refrigerator and immediately place them in your preheated 350°oven.
Bake for 6-8 minutes. (Oven times may vary so keep an eye on them.)
The Bearfoot Baker