Star with Scrollwork springerle mold. This fine mold was carved by the Neff brothers of the Appenzell region, Switzerland. This star's details are intricate and all of them come out on the cookie. This is a medium-sized eating size cookie. It has a big brother, star mold 1690 and a little sister, star mold 1692. You can create at least 14 cookies using this mold with different sizes of the round fluted and 6-point star cutters from our nested sets, our zig-zag cutter and bench scraper edge. Cut:
The alternate photos illustrate the effects using Paperclay to speed the process. Have fun!
- The exterior star larger than the molded dough using a large 6-point star cutter.
- Inside the star using three 6-point star cutters for different looks.
- Outside the molded dough with a fluted round cutter from the nested set.
- The interior circle with a small cutter from the nested set.
- From point to point on the star using a zig-zag cutter.
- A Christmas tree triangle with your bench cutter and turn up the bottom corners for a tree effect.
- A little heart out of the middle of the star
See the Accessories section below for recommended cutters and equipment.
Springerle Dough Thickness Tip: 5-8mm dough using Dough Guides (10009)